When I was younger, this is what my summers looked like. Although you won’t find me like this in my front lawn now, I have been inspired by others to make a to-do list (more like a fun wish list) for things I would like to accomplish this summer. Since the beginning of summer is just around the corner, I’ve created my list to prepare ahead of time, and to hopefully cross each of these off by fall.
1. Visit the Dallas Arboretum - something I’ve been wanting to do as an adult. For the next few months, there will be dramatic glass sculptures displayed, and at night they light up.
2. Learn more creative ideas for card-making, and possibly attend a class at Paper-Source.
3. Host a wine and cheese party.
5. Read more books!
6. Finally take the knife skills class that I’ve had my eye on for a few years.
7. Create a plan for the backyard landscaping. (Bonus points for starting the planting process.)
8. Go to an outdoor concert or movie – or both!
9. Visit a pick-your-own berry farm, then make this tasty dessert.
10. Learn how to barbecue on my own.